[Rhodes22-list] Knowledge Pool Question.

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:24:13 -0600

Anne,

For years we had 2 TV's. We needed 2 because one would pick up the 1 UHF
station we could get and the other would pick up the 1 VHF station we could
get. About 10 years ago, we got a DSS dish. It was cheaper than cable,
which really wasn't available to us anyway as we lived outside of town.
This was great. Now instead of 2 channels with mostly nothing on them, we
now had available to us more like 100 channels with mostly nothing on them.
But paging through all those channels did ease the boredom somewhat, as it
takes a long time to look through that many channels to find which nothing
you want to watch. Got to watch a hell of a lot of Leave it to Beaver and
Gunsmoke reruns though :-) This summer we shut off the DSS and
surprisingly, haven't missed it at all. We're back to the 2 channel (and
free) thing again, though now we actually can pick up both channels on the
same TV :-) Unfortunately, I have replaced the TV addiction with a computer
addiction and now spend most of my time paging through endless spam, with
nothing in it. Same pants, different pocket.......(sigh)

Rik