[Rhodes22-list] Test Sail on Chesapeake-- Rhodes 22

GeneStluka@aol.com GeneStluka@aol.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:53:33 EST

We are former Flying Scot sailors (owning, racing and cruising a Scot for 12
years), and have sailed several other small and midsize boats casually over
the years.  We are planning to buy a small cruising sailboat soon, and will
use the boat for daysailing with children and grandchildren, weekending, and
also occasional several-day cruises during which the two of us would live
aboard.  At age 64, comfort and convenience are becoming higher priorities
than they used to be.

We saw the Rhodes 22 at the Annapolis Boat Show, and spent quite a bit of
time talking with Stan Spitzer about the boat.  Since then we have studied
the Rhodes 22 website, read the Practical Sailor review, and also been
eavesdropping on the list.

We are impressed with what we see and hear about the Rhodes 22, and would
like to sail one for a couple of hours to confirm our satisfaction with the
feel of the boat and its sailing characteristics. Is there anyone on the
Chesapeake, within one or two hours' driving time from our home in Annapolis,
who might be willing to take us for a sail on their Rhodes 22?  We could be
available most any weekend, or perhaps on a weekday as well -- if that were
more convenient.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Gene & Carol Stluka
1300 Cedar Park Road
Annapolis, MD  21401