[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:43:37 -0500

First let me say that I have a profound distrust in all politicians from
left to right.  They all have hidden agendas like keeping their jobs,
wielding their power and controlling the money.  I realize how cynical this
sounds but the laws that are passed in this country have less to do with the
issues and more to do with "politicking."

In the past, I've gone to the polls voting for whom I think is the best for
the country, state, or city.  But who am I to say what's best for everyone
else?  These days I go to the polls and vote for what's best for my own
household. Since my wife and I are both teachers and performing artists, I
have to ask what the conservatives have done for (to) me lately.  Well, I
guess I'll get to keep my firearms, so if anybody wants to shoot the piano
player,  I just might shoot back...and I suppose that should make me feel
better about America.  Maybe I'll even get to right off the bullets.

True, while Mohammed and Salvo were out sniping, we didn't hear many stories
about other murders.  I doubt that many of you could name, off the top of
your heads, a single murder victim in Los Angeles in the whole decade of the
nineties besides the two that were killed at a certain Brentwood estate.  I
didn't hear anything about tighter knife-control then.  I think this all
says a lot less about the law and a lot more about the media.  I want to
vote out the incumbent TV producers!

Slim