[Rhodes22-list] Yes, It Was a Bushmaster

Ben Schultz BenS@ApproSystems.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:20:47 -0600

I'm no expert, but I have trouble with the notion that cleaning your rifle
with a wire brush changes the ballistics of the firearm.  If the brush's
metal were hard enough to scrape away the burrs & imperfections, then
wouldn't it be hard enough to damage the grooves that you want in the
barrel?

Ballistic evidence has convicted thousands -- if not tens of thousands -- of
criminals.  That gives the science credibility in my mind.

I don't keep a firearm for myself, but I respect and defend anyone who wants
to.  I have proper firearms training, and I feel that my home is safer
without one (but don't tell the local criminals!   :-)  ).

Seriously, it's shameful that children get hold of them and kill themselves
or their siblings.  People who keep guns without teaching their children
about their serious nature, and who don't keep them locked securely are
truely maddening.

One more note:  Michael Moore makes his money by picking an issue and
stirring up the pot.  He then tends to fall into the background, chuckling
at the mess that he stirred up.  (Finding a good argument to be fun, I
happen to be a big fan of his.  It doesn't really matter that I might
disagree.)  He is in the entertainment business, and he happens to have a
new movie out with gun control as its topic.  So, just keep the source in
mind when you read these types of one-sided tirades.

Ben