[Rhodes22-list] slip space, motors, and other stuff

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:23:36 -0500

Brad;

Congratulations.  Is it this location:

Park Road
Pickwick Dam TN 38365  ?
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:52:51 -0800 (PST) brad haslett <flybrad@yahoo.com>
writes:
> WooWhooo!  Pickwick Dam State Park Marina called and I
> got a slip space, just in time for Winter.  It does
> have electricity though so I can keep the new Honda
> generator at home except for the extra long trips.

I use a Tohatsu 8hp OB.  I love the alternator and the self starting.  It
has motored Sea Prompt and a crew of  two at a speed over ground of 6.5
kts  As soon as the wind went dead on, the speed dropped to 5.7 kts  I
can heartily recommend the Tohatsu.  I sail the Gulf and waves exist as a
normal part of a day's sail.

> Motor question:  Many of you are going to the Yamaha
> 9.9.  Do you feel you need the extra HP or the
> alternator?  According to the website
> www.image-ination.com/sailcalc.html (contains R-22
> data as well) my 4.5 2-cycle should push the boat at
> 5.4 knots vs. 6.8 for the Yamaha 9.9.  Doesn't seem

Dick

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
PO Box 117
Wellfleet. MA 02667-0117