[Rhodes22-list] Antifreeze alternative question

Pamela Vana pvana@coastalnet.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:08:39 -0700

Doug,

In addition to thorough flushing, there are products such as 'Fresh
Water' that are marketed to remove tank-tastes.  However, I was never
satisfied with the results.

My solution was to use the onboard tankage only for housekeeping, but
always bring along fresh drinking water.  Found some very convenient
collapsible 2-1/2 gal water jugs with an easy-use valve at REI.  We use
these for consumption, and the tankage for everything else.

Regards, Pamela