[Rhodes22-list] good ones

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:55:18 -0600

Steve,

Had a sprint car race like that once. All night it couldn't decided whether
it wanted to rain or snow. I wear a full face helmet, that has small vents
in the front. I went out and ran the feature race at the end of the night.
When I came back to the pits after, my moustache and beard were frozen
solid from my breath. Fortunately, sprint car racing is quite strenuous and
you get quite an adrenaline rush so I didn't notice the cold much till the
wrestling match with the car was over. Being the freeze baby that I am I
would have stiffened right up long before the race was over if I hadn't had
to keep moving. :-)

The things we'll go through and call it fun, eh???
Rik