[Rhodes22-list] Document library

General Boats rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:52:45 -0400

--------------AA3C8E7A1F4F77D4F07D00AE

no need to apologize - I had not realized you ever did anything
requiring same - Rose and I love all our Rhodies, bulls and bears.

ss/gbi

Toad the Wet Sprocket wrote:

> Stan,
>
>      I did not realize the the current business climate in the boat
> building industry.  I wish you much sucess.
>
>      I obviously jumped the gun here in my typical bull in a china
> shop fashion.  Now that you have posted your home number,  I will call
> to personally apologize........As soon as I pry my foot out of my
> mouth.Sincerely,
>
> Todd
>
>  Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com From: General Boats
> To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Document library
> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:40:52 -0400
> Dear Rhodies:
> We will try to respond to your thread re some of GBI's policies in an
> unconventional manner - a series of e-mails tied to the issue of the
> particular Rhodes owner.
> Response #3.
> Toad:
> We agree with Toad in his saying,
> > "You are right. I should not have gotten this boat ......"
> >
> > The Rhodes is a very special boat and the kind of buyers it attracts
>
> > are even more special. Not everyone can feel comfortable in this
> > enviorn and that is why the god of sailboat manufacturing made
> Hunters
> > and Macgregors and Catalinas. And that is why some who only
> recognize
> > the differences without owning a Rhodes, like a Razz, do feel
> > comfortable in this setting.
> >
> > Toad says that, "The only reason I have this boat is because it was
> > freebie,,," and that has conditioned him to expect not only free
> > service but instant free service, even if it should cause poorer
> > service to those who have paid for their boats. And we are with
> Toad,
> > if only we could be shown the way.
> >
> > Toad goes on to say, "I downloaded and read the manual for the
> > Chrysler...pretty remarkable for a company no longer in business
> huh?"
> >
> > Let me tell you a little incident about Chrysler. As many of you
> > know, we are an amazingly old company for the sailboat busines - 43
> > years old. And, an unbelievably small company for our age and the
> > noise we make - only 4 new Rhodes last year.
> >
> > Long after we had been in business Chrysler came along and decided
> > go head on with us with a new 22. When Chrysler needed help they
> went
> > to the government and got millions to bail them out. I bunked into
> my
> > congressman one day and told him I wanted to compalin about a
> > discrimiantion issue. He put his arm around me and said, "we can't
> > allow that". So I explained that I was being discriminated against
> > because I could not get the government to give us money yet they
> gave
> > it to another company competing with us building a 22' sailboat. He
> > said he voted for that loan because they were big and we were just
> too
> [...]

climate in the boat building industry.&nbsp; I wish you much sucess.
bull in a china shop fashion.&nbsp; Now that you have posted your home
number,&nbsp; I will call to personally apologize........As soon as I pry
my foot out of my mouth.Sincerely,
General Boats&nbsp;<WWRHODES@RHODES22.COM>
an
huh?"