[Rhodes22-list] bilge pump

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:19:14 EDT

--part1_1a3.7eb3b75.2aa602c2_boundary

Brad,
I've sailed for many years without a bilge pump and never saw a need for one
until recently. It is a very inexpensive piece of safety equipment I will be
installing in the near future.
There have been many posts to the list concerning bilge pumps and their
installations, but I believe the most common is to tie the drain hose into
the drain for the sink, placing a one way valve in the line to prevent
backflow to the bilge. Wiring is usually done directly to a switch or
sometimes to a foot valve if you leave the boat unattended for long periods
of time.
Placement is usually in the area of the inspection cover assessable by
removing or pulling back the carpet.

Rummy

--part1_1a3.7eb3b75.2aa602c2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Brad,<BR>
I've sailed for many years without a bilge pump and never saw a need for one until recently. It is a very inexpensive piece of safety equipment I will be installing in the near future.<BR>
There have been many posts to the list concerning bilge pumps and their installations, but I believe the most common is to tie the drain hose into the drain for the sink, placing a one way valve in the line to prevent backflow to the bilge. Wiring is usually done directly to a switch or sometimes to a foot valve if you leave the boat unattended for long periods of time.<BR>
Placement is usually in the area of the inspection cover assessable by removing or pulling back the carpet.<BR>
<BR>
Rummy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a3.7eb3b75.2aa602c2_boundary--