[Rhodes22-list] Thank-you Bill and Bill

Bill Effros rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:41:55 -0400

Brad,

I never use more than 10 gallons of gas a season, so the engine driven
alternator is a minor contributor to the total amount of power available in
the batteries.  The starter motor on the engine uses more electricity than
anything else I use, and I'm happy if the alternator does no more than put
back what it uses as a starter motor.  The amount of energy I use at night
with all lights ablaze is trivial compared to the capacity of the system.

The Link-10 tells me that I put 250 Amp/hrs more into the system than I use
in any given year.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: "brad haslett" <flybrad@yahoo.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 11:31 AM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Thank-you Bill and Bill

Good stuff from both of you.  Your pump installation
sounds good, and Bill, the direction I want to go with
the electrical system is nearly identical to yours.
At present my &#34;kicker&#34; doesn't have an
alternator.  The longer term goal is to upgrade to the
9.9 Yamaha.  Meanwhile, the Honda generator will stand
in for the engine driven alternator.  Besides, when
the power gets cut of in my cul-de-sac by those blood
thirsty, power hungry, totalitarianism, tri-lateral
commission controlled G-men..oops, sorry, forgot what
list I was on.  Anyway, I suggested to my son's that
one or both take a semester off from school so I could
accelerate the boat upgrade program and they said some
nonsense like &#34;school is more important than
sailing&#34; or some such thing.

Brad Haslett
&#34;CoraShen&#34;