[Rhodes22-list] mt gay knockdown

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:46:53 EDT

--part1_a4.2b7642ca.2aa66bad_boundary

Tom,
Genny was fully extended (175), main sail was fully extended, boom in the
upright position. Pop top was up because we needed access to the frig for
ice, soda and alcohol of course. We had been sailing with three on the rail
for several hours, so by then we had consumed about half of a large bottle of
rum. We weren't roaring drunk, but we were really having fun with little or
no fear. Winds had been in the fifteen to twenty range most of the day but by
around four they really picked up. We guessed the wind that got us was
somewhere around thirty miles per hour. Just a guess, but we had been
checking the wind with my hand held meter off and on most of the day so we
had a good feal for it.
Rodger was at the helm and the rest of us were on the rail. He said that he
thought we should furl the genny some, but we were having to much fun to slow
down and do something that made sense like furling the genny and lower the
boom and pop top.
Looking back on it.......it was a lot of fun, but I'll stop and at least furl
the genny next time.
Only damage was two mixed drinks lost. Not a big deal since we had more down
below.

Rummy

--part1_a4.2b7642ca.2aa66bad_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Tom,<BR>
Genny was fully extended (175), main sail was fully extended, boom in the upright position. Pop top was up because we needed access to the frig for ice, soda and alcohol of course. We had been sailing with three on the rail for several hours, so by then we had consumed about half of a large bottle of rum. We weren't roaring drunk, but we were really having fun with little or no fear. Winds had been in the fifteen to twenty range most of the day but by around four they really picked up. We guessed the wind that got us was somewhere around thirty miles per hour. Just a guess, but we had been checking the wind with my hand held meter off and on most of the day so we had a good feal for it.<BR>
Rodger was at the helm and the rest of us were on the rail. He said that he thought we should furl the genny some, but we were having to much fun to slow down and do something that made sense like furling the genny and lower the boom and pop top.<BR>
Looking back on it.......it was a lot of fun, but I'll stop and at least furl the genny next time.<BR>
Only damage was two mixed drinks lost. Not a big deal since we had more down below.<BR>
<BR>
Rummy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a4.2b7642ca.2aa66bad_boundary--