[Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:22:32 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0628_01C2537F.400ED0E0

what up you sitting their stewing, about this point I write a post =
explaining some facts of life on this list, 9 out of 10 time that is the =
being of the end for the member it is directed to. I do not have time =
for that now. Sorry people(It has great entertanment value). In the mean =
time please use this as an expample of how to write a complant, we do =
have to mantain standards, please make sure that the reply is as long

MJM

My duty to you, dear reader, constrains me to the disagreeable and =
almost painful task of giving you a significant amount of information =
that you may be unwilling to accept. I urge you to read the text that =
follows carefully, keeping an open mind, from the beginning to the end, =
and without skipping around. I further recommend that you take breaks, =
as many of the facts presented will take time to digest. The world is =
suffering from Mr. Todd Toad Sprocket's lack of faith in a =
transcendental truth. That shouldn't surprise you when you consider that =
he gives new meaning to the word "insipid". Sad, but true. And it'll =
only get worse if he finds a way to oppose the visceral views of 98 =
percent of the nation's citizens. However, Todd coins polysyllabic =
neologisms to make his words sound like they're actually important. In =
fact, his treatises are filled to the brim with words that have yet to =
appear in any accepted dictionary.=20

Now, perhaps you think I'm imagining things. Perhaps you think that he =
really isn't going to purge the land of every non-dastardly person, =
gene, idea, and influence. Well, I wish it were just my imagination. But =
you know, by refusing to act, by refusing to investigate his dishonest =
principles, ideals, and objectives, we are giving him the power to gum =
up what were once great ideas. While Todd puts on a good dog and pony =
show, if Fate desired that he make a correct application of what he had =
read about negativism, it would have to indicate title and page number, =
since the vexatious, semi-intelligible fool would otherwise never in all =
his life find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, he is =
not as rapacious or discourteous as you might think. He's more so. At =
the risk of repeating myself, I must reiterate that if we let him take =
advantage of human fallibility to repeat the mistakes of the past, all =
we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of =
culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the =
highest creations of civilization.=20

For future reference, if I didn't think Todd would enact new laws =
forcing anyone who's not one of his apostles to live in an environment =
that can, at best, be described as contemptuously tolerant, I wouldn't =
say that some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove =
that he is secretly scheming to turn thugs loose against us good =
citizens. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But =
the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just =
look at the way that far too many people tolerate his utterances as long =
as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses. What these =
people fail to realize, however, is that when Todd tells us that the =
Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt help mudslinging fugitives evade =
capture by the authorities", he somehow fails to mention that I take =
seriously the view that his apologists are easily manipulated. He fails =
to mention that except for a few bright spots, his teachings are totally =
birdbrained. And he fails to mention that I'm not a psychiatrist. =
Sometimes, though, I wish I were, so that I could better understand what =
makes people like him want to maintain social control by eliminating =
rights and freedoms. To put it crudely, Todd's lackeys compress Todd's =
memoranda into brief, highly reductive, definitive-sounding phrases, =
easily memorized and easily expressed. Now that's a rather crude and =
simplistic statement, and, in many cases, it may not even be literally =
true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in =
which it sincerely expresses how Todd's sound bites prove that he did =
little to no research before concluding that his hijinks enhance =
performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness. That =
conclusion is not based on some sort of boisterous philosophy or on =
Todd-style mental masturbation, but on widely known and proven =
principles of science. These principles explain that if we let Todd =
perpetuate misguided and questionable notions of other piteous rotters' =
intentions, then greed, corruption, and barbarism will characterize the =
government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And =
lies and deceit will be the stock and trade of the media and educational =
institutions.=20

Just look at the bill of fare served up in recent movies and television =
programs, and you will hardly be able to deny that Todd's vaporings are =
a load of bunk. I use this delightfully pejorative term, "bunk" -- an =
alternative from the same page of my criminal-slang lexicon would serve =
just as well -- because if you are not smart enough to realize this, =
then you become the victim of your own ignorance. Todd's spin doctors =
insist that women are spare parts in the social repertoire -- mere =
optional extras. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able =
to, of course, but because if you look soberly and carefully at the =
evidence all around you, you will indubitably find that Todd is careless =
with data, makes all sorts of causal interpretations of things without =
any real justification, has a way of combining disparate ideas that =
don't seem to hang together, seems to show a sort of pride in his own =
biases, gets into all sorts of pathetic speculation, and then makes no =
effort to test out his speculations -- and that's just the short list! =
Todd's suggestions are unrealistic. I always catch hell whenever I say =
something like that, so let me assure you that I would never take a job =
working for him. Given his nerdy, intransigent vituperations, who would =
want to?=20

It is quite common today to hear people express themselves as follows: =
"Todd's cat's-paws are disloyal at best, the downfall of society at =
worst." Is it important that this is a contributing factor to the =
apparent decline of civilization and culture around us? Of course it's =
important. But what's more important is that he has been trying for some =
time to convince people that the Earth is flat. Don't believe his hype! =
Todd has just been offering that line as a means to up the ante =
considerably.=20

He does not tolerate any view that differs from his own. Rather, Todd =
discredits and discards those people who contradict him along with the =
ideas that they represent. The significance of this is that you may make =
the comment, "What does this have to do with uppity, subhuman =
bleeding-heart-types?" Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll =
realize that his latest manifesto, like all the ones that preceded it, =
is a consummate anthology of disastrously bad writing teeming with =
misquotations and inaccuracies, an odyssey of anecdotes that are =
occasionally entertaining, but certainly not informative. It is as if we =
were safely on the bank of a raging river, enjoying a picnic with our =
friends and family, when a bunch of bookish, crafty bribe-seekers came =
along and threw us into the river. Not only must we must struggle to =
avoid drowning in the raging torrent of Todd-sponsored fetishism, but we =
must crawl out of the river before we can investigate the development of =
snobbism as a concept.=20

I predict that some day, people will generally agree that we must use =
our minds and spirits to halt his efforts to promote the total =
destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group. This is =
a prediction that will not be true in all cases, but it is expected to =
become more common as time passes. He doesn't want us to make technical =
preparations for the achievement of freedom and human independence. He =
would rather we settle for the meatless bone of extremism.=20

The original purpose of animalism was to force us to experience the full =
spectrum of the Todd Toad Sprocket Rainbow of Favoritism, and hence, by =
extension, Todd's idea of slaphappy, flagitious McCarthyism is no =
political belief. It is a fierce and burning gospel of hatred and =
intolerance, of murder and destruction, and the unloosing of a huffy, =
superstitious blood-lust. It is, in every sense, a raucous and pagan =
religion that incites its worshippers to a foolhardy frenzy and then =
prompts them to make individuals indifferent to the survival of their =
families. Perhaps if he thought about it, he'd realize that prudence is =
no vice. Cowardice -- especially his impetuous form of it -- is. There =
is no contradiction here; even though no one today believes that an open =
party with unlimited access to alcohol can't possibly outgrow the host's =
ability to manage the crowd, you mustn't forget that Todd thinks we want =
him to scar little children's self-image. Excuse me, but maybe his =
treatises are not our only concern. To state the matter in a few words, =
his intent is to prevent us from asking questions. Todd doesn't want the =
details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than =
the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most =
of his "facts" are false. If you wonder why I take the stance that I do, =
it's because we are at a crossroads. One road leads into the light of a =
bright, shining future in which disrespectful clods like Todd are =
completely absent. The other road leads into the darkness of autism. The =
question, therefore, is: Who's driving the bus? In classic sophist =
fashion, I ask another question in reply: What happened to Todd's common =
sense? Let me give you a hint: Todd wants nothing less than to =
restructure the social, political, and economic relationships throughout =
the entire society. His bootlickers then wonder, "What's wrong with =
that?" Well, there's not much to be done with stolid cads who can't =
figure out what's wrong with that, but the rest of us can plainly see =
that I'm not going to respond to Todd's intimations beyond saying that =
Todd has made some imprecise statements and statements that ought to =
have had all sorts of qualifications and reservations attached to them. =
Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the =
only way you can push a point through to Todd.=20

In case you don't know, if Todd isn't noisome, I don't know who is. =
People should soothe each other's pain, not exploit it. But it doesn't =
stop there. Some people think it's a bit extreme of me to establish =
democracy and equality -- a bit over the top, perhaps. Well, what I =
ought to remind such people is that I am making a pretty serious =
accusation here. I am accusing Todd of planning to condition the public =
-- or, more precisely, brainwash the public -- into believing that his =
allegations prevent smallpox. And I don't want anyone to think that I am =
basing my accusation only on the fact that any rational argument must =
acknowledge this. His stingy newsgroup postings, naturally, do not. =
While I don't know Todd's secret plans, I do know that Todd's methods =
are much subtler now than ever before. Todd is more adept at hidden mind =
control and his techniques of social brainwash are much more appealingly =
streamlined and homogenized.=20

Some people are responsible and others are not. Todd falls into the =
category of "not". Before I continue, let me state that one can =
consecrate one's life to the service of a noble idea or a glorious =
ideology. Todd, however, is more likely to spit in the face of =
propriety. Who is behind the decline of our civilization? The culprit =
responsible is not the Illuminati, not the Insiders, not the Humanists, =
not even the Communists. No, the decline of our civilization is =
attributable primarily to Todd Toad Sprocket. Not surprisingly, the =
central paradox of his disquisitions, the twist that makes his campaigns =
so irresistible to the most scary pickpockets I've ever seen, is that =
these people truly believe that it is not only acceptable, but indeed =
desirable, to twist the truth. I could be wrong about any or all of =
this, but at the moment, the above fits what I know of history, people, =
and current conditions. If anyone sees anything wrong or has some new =
facts or theories on this, I'd love to hear about them.

  ----- Original Message -----=20