[Rhodes22-list] Re:utside winter storage

Rick Redmond rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:54:00 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C25455.319EF6D0

Jack,

I did what Will Barry said and supported my mast with a piece of 2x6 =
with smaller pieces on each end.  (Made an "I" Post).  I placed some =
scrap pieces of carpet on the deck under the support and on top of the =
support at the mast. =20

One thing I did different was to leave the mast in the rear support.  =
Due to the winter weather in MD I can occasionally work on the boat.  =
With it in the rear support I can get around the cockpit a lot easier.

The tarp I used was the largest I could find and I tied it to the =
trailer.  Last year there was plenty of comments on the list about the =
tarp damaging the hull finish coat if it was too loose during windy =
conditions.  So I had a line to the trailer at every eyelet.  Overkill? =
Probably but no rope or tarp marks on the hull.=20

Rick Redmond

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C25455.319EF6D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jack,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I did what Will Barry said and =
supported my mast=20
with a piece of 2x6 with smaller pieces on each end.&nbsp; (Made an "I"=20
Post).&nbsp; I placed some scrap pieces of carpet on the deck under the =
support=20
and on top of the support at the mast.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One thing I did different was to leave =
the mast in=20
the rear support.&nbsp; Due to the winter weather in MD I can =
occasionally work=20
on the boat.&nbsp; With it in the rear support I can get around the =
cockpit a=20
lot easier.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The tarp I used was the largest I could =

find&nbsp;and I tied it to the trailer.&nbsp; Last year there was plenty =
of=20
comments on the list&nbsp;about the tarp damaging the hull finish coat =
if it was=20
too loose during windy conditions.&nbsp; So I had a line to the trailer =
at every=20
eyelet.&nbsp; Overkill? Probably but no rope or tarp marks on the hull.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rick Redmond</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C25455.319EF6D0--