[Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

Ben Schultz rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:47:49 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C254F3.96449BA0

Calm down big guy.  This is just an email list that we use for information
and entertainment.  No one menas you any personal ill will, and no one is
trying to take over the world with an evil plot carried out over sailing
list emails.

Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis

-----Original Message-----
From: Toad the Wet Sprocket [mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 22:25
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Toad's WHOLE story as if anybody cares

     Furthermore, recent troubling developments prompt me to revisit a
subject I've discussed in the past: MJM and his plan to spew forth ignorance
and prejudice. Let me start by stressing that I am not attempting to
suppress anyone's opinions, nor do I intend to demean him personally for his
beliefs or worldviews. But I do think that I must comment on a phenomenon
that has and will continue to create a mudslinging world of guilt and shame.
Despite the obvious (which is something he chooses to ignore) he is eager to
shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience- store size.
There is something inherently wrong with a man who wants, more than anything
else, to force us to do things or take stands against our will, pure and
simple. Cannibalism has its stronghold among the worst sorts of impudent
obstinate-types I've ever seen. And I can say that with a clear conscience,
because one of his favorite tricks is to create a problem and then to o ffer
the solution. Naturally, it's always his solutions that grant him the
freedom to hammer a few more nails into the coffin of freedom of speech,
never the original problem. A real fight against directionless separatism
can be undertaken only if a basic change in social conditions makes it
possible to do something about the continuing -- make that the escalating --
effort on MJM's part to let advanced verbal weaponry fall into the hands of
a few predatory, randy wimps on the list. Here, too, the exception proves
the rule: The baneful nature of MJM's shell games is not just a rumor. It is
a fact to which I can testify.

I don't mean to scare you, but I am entirely shocked and angered by MJM's
loud, amoral improprieties. Such shameful conduct should never be repeated.
Although I agree with those who feel that MJM will go to almost any extreme
to prevent my message of truth from getting out, nevertheless, I cannot
agree with the subject matter and attitude that is woven into every one of
his intrusive utterances. He likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome
and that feel good. That's why some of the facts I'm about to present may
seem shocking. This they certainly are. However, he has been trying for some
time to convince people that we should all bear the brunt of his actions.
Don't believe his hype! MJM has just been offering that line as a means to
sancti fy his depravity. The bulk of mindless, soulless smut peddlers are at
least marginally tolerable, but not MJM. Maybe quicker than you can
double-check the spelling of "sphygmomanometric", he will shred the basic
compact between the people and the list.. Discourteous predictions aside,
this would not be an impossible scenario if his obscene jibes were to gain
ascendancy in our society. Let me leave you with one last thought: The truth
is not meant to be warm and fuzzy.

Long enough?

Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com <mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com>