[Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Don't leave us......

lcrowther rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:20:15 -0400

This gentleman is featured in the September issue of 'SpinSheet' (page 8,
Editor's Notebook) and a picture of his boat is on the cover.

Lloyd
s/v Uhuru II

----- Original Message -----
From: <SHERWOODJ2@aol.com>
To: <rhodes-list@sailnet.net>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [rhodes-list] Don't leave us......

    There's nothing like messing about (and arguing about boats and
sailing).
My brief experience with Rhodies has been enlightening, productive and
entertaining. But all good things must end and I must get on with my life,
my
work, and with SAILING.
    A parting thought (shot?):
    Why aren't YOU out sailing iF you love sailing so much? Why are you
strapped to your computer and onimpersonal e-mail? (I am rather new at
e-mailing and hope never to get caught up in that kind of trap.) As for me,
I'm going out for a daysail this afternoon. The weather is beautiful; Indian
summer and the wind is up.
    I'll be looking for an R22 to take on in the future. Send one my way and
we'll do a match race. I'll singlehand, but my opponent can carry a
limitless
number of crew. In fact, the more crew he/she carries, the better my chances
are to win.
    If you wish to read my stories, check out Soundings and subscribe
(800-444-7686). The Spitzer/R22 piece, featuring pics of those goold old
boys
Andy and Barne, will be the subject of my monthly "Bay Tripper" col. in the
January 2002 issue.
    Until then—adios amigos.
    Jack Sherwood.