[Rhodes22-list] Cable Ties Instead of Rings

Bill Effros rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:44:37 -0400

Ed,

I bought a cable tie assortment at Costco.  100,000 cable ties for $1.99 or
something like that.  I had absolutely no use for them, but knew (in a guy
way) they'd come in handy some day.  Roughly 12,500 of them (or at least a
lifetime supply) fit in the holes.  Some are 4" long; some are 3"; etc.  But
they all fit in the hole, and I cut off the tails no matter how long they
are.  Just to be sure, I bought another 100,000 so I never would have to
worry about running out if I happen to get an extra long lifetime.

I think Bruce told me he bought a 250,000 cable tie assortment and none fit.
I'm not sure I believe he tried them all, but he's a really nice guy so I
took a chance, bundled up a bunch of mine, and gave them to him.  If you try
the hit or miss method and miss, let me know, and I'll try to come up with a
better answer.

Bill Effros