[Rhodes22-list] web site suggestion/offer

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:53:51 -0400

You on, Same for you Rummy and Bill, I think it would be a great idea if the owner could help with the pictures, it would cover a
number of years and boat configuations. It would greatly help out your new "Photo web master" and I something that the non computer
people can help with, remember these are detail shoots with nothing being to mundane, the idea is to cover the infomation they
convay, How my email is spent expaning what a donut is or the screews around the centerboard or the connecting pipe. Who whats to be
in ??????? and lets to to figure out what need to be shot

MJM

----- Original Message -----
From: James B. Connolly
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 8:05 AM
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] web site suggestion/offer

MJM and other web gurus,

Just a suggestion/question for the web site - how about video?

Some things are easier to see and understand in motion with commentary.

I was struck by that while watching the old Rhodes slide show video.  While good, and entertaining, the parts about launching and
recovery, mast raising, etc. would be improved with video vs.. slides.

FWIW I have a digital video camera.  The editing package that came with it is apparently capable of producing videos in RealPlayer
format for either dialup or broadband connection.  It has other formats too, I just don't yet understand what they are.

This is of limited usefulness right now, since I don't have my boat, and don't expect delivery until spring, but I would be happy to
do something then.

Jim Connolly