[Rhodes22-list] Wire ties.

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 06:12:05 EDT

--part1_15d.13cdb4c7.2aadcdf5_boundary

Bill,
I pulled Rum Runner out of the water this weekend primarily to do so much
needed maintenance, but also because the lake continues to drop and the water
in the marina is very shallow. I also removed my bumpers from the dock and
removed my expensive extension cord which I had run overhead and tied with
cable ties. I installed this arrangement about a year ago. When I went to cut
the cable ties, they simply disintegrated. One good pull and the whole thing
came loose. I was surprised as they were not exposed to the sun, but
certainly the heat. Based on what I saw, I would be very careful using cable
ties for rigging.

Rummy

--part1_15d.13cdb4c7.2aadcdf5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Bill,<BR>
I pulled Rum Runner out of the water this weekend primarily to do so much needed maintenance, but also because the lake continues to drop and the water in the marina is very shallow. I also removed my bumpers from the dock and removed my expensive extension cord which I had run overhead and tied with cable ties. I installed this arrangement about a year ago. When I went to cut the cable ties, they simply disintegrated. One good pull and the whole thing came loose. I was surprised as they were not exposed to the sun, but certainly the heat. Based on what I saw, I would be very careful using cable ties for rigging.<BR>
<BR>
Rummy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_15d.13cdb4c7.2aadcdf5_boundary--