[Rhodes22-list] V-berth flotation

Dennis J Sitler rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:25:54 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C258EF.1E31BF80

Todd,
I couldn't come up with a figure for area either. I used both two gallon =
kits (4 gallon total) but I didn't leave room for battery or water tank. =
I think it will come out real close for you if you get good expansion =
watching temperature and good mix. You could always get a quart kit to =
finish a area if it came up short. Buy the way I used a plastic gallon =
ice cream bucket to mix in.=20

I have made new stringers under the floor out of cypress decking, =
putting cross bracing in so I end up with a four piece floor of 3/4" =
marine plywood. The front starboard side lifts up so I can access the =
bilge area and check the pump. I have made two stainless steel fixtures =
that attach to the cabin roof under the mast and to the cement block =
that fit a 4X4. If that gives way I will probably have a lot more to =
worry about. The area between the two bulkheads will have lids on. This =
area will extend the v-berth area for a larger sleeping area, and under =
you can store a porta potty, put a battery, and a water tank. I haven't =
decided where to put the battery yet. If not there I may try putting it =
on the port side under the step just inside the hatchway where I want to =
mount the fuse panel.

You or anyone interested can check my boat out, or use any ideas, but =
saying that, there are a lot of people on this list a loooooooot smarter =
and experienced at boats than I.

As for lakes, there are some close for sailing my 14 ft, but I need to =
travel around 80 mi. to get to 3 that I can put the Rhodes on.
My hopes are to someday put it on the Chesapeake and weekend.

Denny,
1974 R22 Gossamer Wing
Berwick, PA =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20