[Rhodes22-list] centerboard assembly pics?

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:56:45 EDT

--part1_78.2c7be54e.2aafeecd_boundary

Mary Lou,
I spoke to soon. The boat that I had as a specimen is no longer available for
photo opportunities. I believe it's at GB being repaired as we speak.
Also, something that came up recently. For all of us that tow our boats, be
careful with your gas gauges and don't get to comfortable with them. A recent
series of events has brought about the reality that a vehicle towing a
Rhodes22 can run out of gas when the gas gauge shows a quarter of a tank of
gas. Apparently the pickup tube is affected by the weight of the boat on the
hitch. I had never thought about this, but it actually happened this weekend
to someone towing with a Toyota 4Runner. He thought he was having mechanical
problems and paid $130.00 to be towed to a service station only to find that
a filling of the gas tank was all that was necessary.

Rummy....I will not divulge any names):):):) no, it wasn't me....I wouldn't
own a rice grinder.

--part1_78.2c7be54e.2aafeecd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Mary Lou,<BR>
I spoke to soon. The boat that I had as a specimen is no longer available for photo opportunities. I believe it's at GB being repaired as we speak.<BR>
Also, something that came up recently. For all of us that tow our boats, be careful with your gas gauges and don't get to comfortable with them. A recent series of events has brought about the reality that a vehicle towing a Rhodes22 can run out of gas when the gas gauge shows a quarter of a tank of gas. Apparently the pickup tube is affected by the weight of the boat on the hitch. I had never thought about this, but it actually happened this weekend to someone towing with a Toyota 4Runner. He thought he was having mechanical problems and paid $130.00 to be towed to a service station only to find that a filling of the gas tank was all that was necessary.<BR>
<BR>
Rummy....I will not divulge any names):):):) no, it wasn't me....I wouldn't own a rice grinder.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_78.2c7be54e.2aafeecd_boundary--