[Rhodes22-list] Wire ties.

Richard F Sheehan rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:01:20 -0400

----__JNP_000_0692.1e0a.3e01

Rummy;

As I'm a Florida sailor in Sea Prompt, I will take your warning - Naples
is truly HOT.   So it is back to using cotter PINS - not ring dings for
my standing rigging.

Thanks again,

Dick

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 06:12:05 EDT R22RumRunner@aol.com writes:
Bill,
I pulled Rum Runner out of the water this weekend primarily to do so much
needed maintenance, but also because the lake continues to drop and the
water in the marina is very shallow. I also removed my bumpers from the
dock and removed my expensive extension cord which I had run overhead and
tied with cable ties. I installed this arrangement about a year ago. When
I went to cut the cable ties, they simply disintegrated. One good pull
and the whole thing came loose. I was surprised as they were not exposed
to the sun, but certainly the heat. Based on what I saw, I would be very
careful using cable ties for rigging.

Rummy

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
PO Box 117
Wellfleet. MA 02667-0117
PH: 508-349-3096
dickshee@juno.com
----__JNP_000_0692.1e0a.3e01

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Rummy;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As I'm a Florida sailor in Sea Prompt, I will take your warning - =
Naples is=20
truly HOT.&nbsp;&nbsp; So it is back to using cotter PINS - not ring dings =
for=20
my standing rigging.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks again,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dick</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 06:12:05 EDT <A=20
href=3D"mailto:R22RumRunner@aol.com">R22RumRunner@aol.com</A> writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px =
solid">
  <DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Bill,<BR>I pulled Rum Runner out of the water this =
weekend=20
  primarily to do so much needed maintenance, but also because the lake=20
  continues to drop and the water in the marina is very shallow. I also =
removed=20
  my bumpers from the dock and removed my expensive extension cord which I =
had=20
  run overhead and tied with cable ties. I installed this arrangement about=
 a=20
  year ago. When I went to cut the cable ties, they simply disintegrated. =
One=20
  good pull and the whole thing came loose. I was surprised as they were =
not=20
  exposed to the sun, but certainly the heat. Based on what I saw, I would =
be=20
  very careful using cable ties for rigging.<BR><BR>Rummy</FONT> </FONT></=

  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>CPT Richard F. Sheehan <BR>PO Box=20
117<BR>Wellfleet. MA 02667-0117<BR>PH:=20
508-349-3096<BR>dickshee@juno.com<BR></BODY></HTML>

----__JNP_000_0692.1e0a.3e01--

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.