[Rhodes22-list] RINGS

Ed Kroposki rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:25:41 -0400

Slim:
      What kind of cotter rings are you using?  Not only do mine not come by
themselves,  I have to use two needlenose pliers to get them off.  They can
not
be done with fingers.  Mine are stainless steel both pig tail and non pig
tail
that I purchased in a large bag from sailnet a couple of years ago.  Some
have been so hard to get off that I have had to destroy them to get them
off.
I think that they are 3/4" diameter or some may be 1" made of very heavy
wire that just makes it thru the smaller holes on the clevis pins and
turnbuckles.  I don't have a wire caliper, but mine are heavy duty.  Cotter
rings do come in thinner gauge wires.  Could that be part of the problem?

                                              Ed K