[Rhodes22-list] not much chatter new subject "apples"

Todd Tavares rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:11:07 -0500

Not much chatter today so I will ask a riddle...if it's ok.

     A boy went into an orchard to steal some apples.  On the way out he passed seven guards which stopped and questioned him.  Each time he was stopped by one of the seven guards,  he had to bribe the guard with half of the remaining apples plus one.  If after stopping for the seven guards, he left the orchard with only one apple,  how many did he start with?

Todd

PS  There is a solution. some may get it right off...it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup