[Rhodes22-list] Solution and one more?

Paul Grandholm rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:32:00 -0400

Todd,

     Well, your wife's professor is wrong.  It's obvious that he
certainly isn't a math professor.  Does it surprise you that someone
would say that?  Does the fact that someone has the title of professor
preceding their name mean they are infallible?  According to the way the
riddle or math question was stated, the boy had to give up half his
apples and then one more.  Therefore, the way Rick and I worked it out to
determine that he started with 382 is correct.  Don't take my word for
it.  Do the math.  It works out and the boy ends up with one apple.

Paul