[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Continental 22' - 1976?

Rik Sandberg rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:46:01 -0500

--=====================_249314495==_.ALT

Hello Mimi,

Welcome to the R 22 list. You'll have to excuse Michael, he knows this boat
pretty much inside and out, but he doesn't spell too well. You'll catch on
to the translation thing after a bit, 'till you do the rest of will pitch
in and help decode. There are several others here too that have a lot of
experience with this boat. Don't be shy to ask any questions that come to
mind. If that boat's in any kind of decent shape at all, sound like a
pretty good bargain to me. Especially if it comes with a newer outboard and
a trailer.

But, like Michael says, the best place to start is the General Boat Rhodes
22 web site and the FAQ. Once you have looked these over, you will be able
to ask better questions and get better answers.

www.rhodes22.org

Rik

At 06:39 PM 9/13/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>ok, I'll try to respond so that you can offer more advice...
>Michael Meltzer wrote:
>>how handily are you,
>pretty good on interior type stuff that the cabin would need... ok on
>other stuff if someone is willing to show me what to do (light carpentry
>type stuff)
>>how much experience with boat work,
>not much, but see above!
>>are you OK not sailing for a session or two,
>Not sure what you mean by this... did you mean a 'season' or two... i.e.
>time to fix her up?
>>do you have 200-500 hours advable.
>

>WHOA!!! For what?
>>are you ready to spend 6000+- on the boat.
>They're asking only $2000 (friends), which is well within budget.
>>I not trying to be funny or talkyou out of it, thier a longer post
>>comming depending how you reply. BTW what your buget range. MJM
>

>Thanks for any info.
>
>Mimi

--=====================_249314495==_.ALT

Hello Mimi,<br><br>
Welcome to the R 22 list. You'll have to excuse Michael, he knows this
boat pretty much inside and out, but he doesn't spell too well. You'll
catch on to the translation thing after a bit, 'till you do the rest of
will pitch in and help decode. There are several others here too that
have a lot of experience with this boat. Don't be shy to ask any
questions that come to mind. If that boat's in any kind of decent shape
at all, sound like a pretty good bargain to me. Especially if it comes
with a newer outboard and a trailer.<br><br>
But, like Michael says, the best place to start is the General Boat
Rhodes 22 web site and the FAQ. Once you have looked these over, you will
be able to ask better questions and get better answers.<br><br>
Rik<br><br>
At 06:39 PM 9/13/2002 -0400, you wrote:<br>
ok, I'll try to respond so that you can offer more advice... <br>
Michael Meltzer wrote: <br>
WHOA!!! For what? <br>
Thanks for any info. <br><br>
Mimi <br>
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b><a href="mailto:mimi@cape.com">Mimi Schlichter</a>
<dd>To:</b> <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent:</b> Friday, September 13, 2002 6:26 PM
<dd>Subject:</b> [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Continental 22' - 1976?

<dd>I'm new to this list, as I am just now contemplating purchase of a boat... in particular , an oldie but goodie Rhodes continental 22', circa 1974-1976.&nbsp; Anybody out there who has one who can give me their opinion on the boat, what I should look for in/on it before purchase, and approx. value?&nbsp; I've seen it on trailer... though the inside of the cabin looks a bit tired and in need of refreshing, the boat itself and the riggins seem to be in fine shape. <br><br>

<dd>I live on Cape Cod (Buzzards Bay side - more protected)... have sailed a Sunfish all of my life... and am just now entertaining getting into a 'real boat'.&nbsp; Not looking to race or do longdistance type stuff... just go out for the day and putter. <br><br>

<dd>Mimi Schlichter

<dd>Peace of mind through safer,</i>

<dd>508-548-9096
<dd>&nbsp;