[Rhodes22-list] Virus Attacks

Steve Alm rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:47:21 -0500

--B_3114953242_81252990

Consider the humble Macintosh.  We don=B9t have this problem. :-)
Slim

On 9/15/02 11:16 AM, "Ed Kroposki" <kroposki@innova.net> wrote:

> =20
>> A little more than a month ago my provider who runs virus filters on inc=
oming
>> and outgoing mail, emailed me that it picked up an infected email from t=
he
>> sailnet list.  Since then not only do I run Mcafee Virus software but no=
w use
>> a firewall.  Since activating the firewall, It has told me that my compu=
ter
>> has sustained numerous attacks and probes.  The firewall flashes a warni=
ng
>> screen and tells me something is going on.  It logs all activity and I c=
an go
>> look what is going on.  I would encourage everybody to move to a firewal=
l in
>> addition to the virus protection software.
>>                                      Ed k
>>=20
>>=20

--B_3114953242_81252990

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Rhodes22-list] Virus Attacks</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Consider the humble Macintosh. &nbsp;We don&#8217;t ha=
ve this problem. :-)<BR>
Slim<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 9/15/02 11:16 AM, &quot;Ed Kroposki&quot; &lt;kroposki@innova.net&gt; wr=
ote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Courier New">A little more than a month ago =
my provider who runs virus filters on incoming and outgoing mail, emailed me=
 that it picked up an infected email from the sailnet list. &nbsp;Since then=
 not only do I run Mcafee Virus software but now use a firewall. &nbsp;Since=
 activating the firewall, It has told me that my computer has sustained nume=
rous attacks and probes. &nbsp;The firewall flashes a warning screen and tel=
ls me something is going on. &nbsp;It logs all activity and I can go look wh=
at is going on. &nbsp;I would encourage everybody to move to a firewall in a=
ddition to the virus protection software.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Ed k<=

</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3114953242_81252990--