[Rhodes22-list] Header and Footer

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:39:16 -0500

Michael,

First of all, excellent work, I hope all recognize and appreciate the time
and effort you put into this. Thank you!!!

1. Shorter footers would be a good thing. I assume we are talking about a
web page with not only our own links on it, but links for any commercial
entity that may "sponsor/support" our effort as well. I am for this.

2. Doesn't matter to me if the member list count is on each message. I can
look it up very easily by going to the info page, if I really want to know.
Did that, just last night.

3. I believe you are right, Michael. The name is probably too close to the
sailnet list name. I also agree with Bill, the name takes up too much room
in the subject line. Would R 22 OG, for "Rhodes 22 Owner's Group" work???

4. I agree with this. It shouldn't be hard for folks to become accustomed to
replying at the top of the messages. That is really the simplest anyway. I
have no problem at all with letting the 3rd on up replies fall off. Now the
strings can get so long and jumbled, you have a heck of a time figuring them
out anyway. If a person is interested in a string and wants to be able to
look back over it, he'll just have to refrain from using his delete button
until the discussion is over.

5. I don't digest so it's neither hear or there to me.

Rik