[Rhodes22-list] adding flotation

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:07:54 -0500

Joe,

I'd stay away from packing peanuts.  They break down and eventually crumble.
Also, I doubt that they're closed-cell foam which means they'll get water
logged.  Perhaps if they're completely immersed in the poured-in foam, they
might hold up better but I don't see how you could be assured of that.
Better to use Styrofoam blocks, or better yet, Styrofoam wedges because you
can pack them in better.  Then pour in the foam to seal them up and fill in
the gaps.

Slim