[Rhodes22-list] KY Lake update

anima anima@apex.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 05:50:09 -0500

Hello List,
The travelers are safe and sound here.
Tom and Vicki Evans arrived Sat afternoon. They headed
off to Nashville to catch a flight to Massacheusettes to visit
thier daughter. They also graciously lent me their mast-
raising system.
Rik and Sandy were in the parking lot when I walked out
with my coffee on Sunday at 0800! They made great time
and slept in the Waffle House Parking lot by Sandy's order
because it is her favorite breakfast.
Meanwhile I lowered my mast to change that furling line.
However, I/we forgot the extenders from Tom so had to
borrow Rik's. Got that changed, put on a windex, put the
mast back up, rig tuned and pinned and walla! There lies
the poptop slider! Ugh. All over again.
(My dad always calls this "working the bohemian way" for
obvious reasons)
Wind was 20-25 so had to go out for the shakedown run.
Clear blue skies and 80 degrees....lovely!
As I was leaving for home, Rod and Mary arrived with Toy
Blue. Mary brought me a 25 lb bag of potatoes....of course!
She brought Leinenkugels as well! I am in heaven.
I was off all last week, as is our usual for my office, and enjoyed
excellent sailing days. Rained for 30 hours straight Thurs night
thru Fri night, so we have that out of the way. Perhaps we can
break Elton's run!
Safe trip to all who are traveling yet this week.
Anne