[Rhodes22-list] Lazerette Water

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:13:33 -0400

Brad:
     One small question?  How are you going to mount the V8 engine to
power that fire truck pump?
                       Ed K

Everyone is partially right.  Water can flow from the
seat area into the lazaret area (tried it with a
garden hose)or at least it can on the trailer.  At
least one of my seat area drains was probably leaking.
 The hose was partially restricted and was so hard and
brittle it couldn't be opened up.  I suspect it
trapped some water during a previous winter and
cracked the plastic part of the drain.  Both times
I've had to "de-water" I used the smallest of bilge
pumps and it took less than ten minutes. Just to be on
the safe side I want to be prepared by keeping a bilge
pump in the bilge inspection area and manually
connecting it to a DC source while hanging the
discharge hose over the side as necessary.  This may
be a bit "Jed Clampett goes yachting" but it works. (I
was a boy scout once, you know the motto). Replacing
the drain hoses and broken fittings should solve the
mystery water problems so I can enjoy a dry boat like
the rest of you.  On the other hand, I still haven't
abandoned installing a turbine powered dual discharge
pump from a salvage fire-truck.  What's the point of
owning a boat if you can't personalize it?

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"