[Rhodes22-list] New Member Introduction

Jim Grimes fcia2@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:59:19 -0400

I am the original owner of a 1974 Rhodes 22 (a/k/a Rhodes Continental),
which I took delivery on in Wichita, KS in approx Jul 1974.  At the time I
was in the Air Force stationed at Offutt AFB in Nebraska. I currently live
in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio.

Over the years I have sailed it on lakes in Nebraska and South Dakota, the
Delaware River, Lake Marburg (in PA near Hanover, PA), Lake Erie, and most
recently have sailed it on Keuka Lake, Hammondsport, NY, which is one of New
York State's Finger Lakes.  After visiting with Stan on September 12th at
the Sandusky (Ohio) Boat Show, I can truly say that although the shape of
the boat has not changed, the Rhodes 22's being produced now are quite
different from the boat I purchased.  I just came back from Keuka Lake this
past weekend, where I placed my boat in inside storage for the entire winter
for the whopping sum of $75.00.

For whatever it's worth, I believe I paid $2495 for my Rhodes in 1974 and
the tandem axle Rolco trailer it came with was another $500.  I will be glad
to answer anyone's question as to how the 1974's were equipped

Jim Grimes
S/V Summer Breeze
Hull # GBX220170674