[Rhodes22-list] lazaret v. lazarrette

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:38:04 -0700 (PDT)

Oops! Tab versus send.

Lazaret/ a space in a ship between decks used as a
storeroom/ Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary.

Lazarrette/ French word for area where water collects
in a boat and becomes a MPITA.

If your bilge is always dry, you expect it to be dry
forever, you can't possibly have a wet bilge, STOP!
This message is not for you.

For the rest of you, I don't know exactly the source
of the water but I suspect it was a combination of a
stopped-up seat drain and a cracked
"thru-the-hull-fitting".  I replaced the drains and
hose with the next size larger (that's what was
available at my local marine store in "Bubba land"
better known as Bass Pro Shop.  For those of you who
are rocket scientists I went from 3/4 to 1 and 1/8 so
do the math. Where I come from pie is round and cake
are square.  It looks much bigger and will handle more
leaves/water/stuff.

New plastic is less brittle than old plastic.  For
less than $30 I've been able to replace all the drains
and hoses.  I think the problem is solved.  Thanks for
all your input.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"