[Rhodes22-list] Oceans going Rhodes

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:54:55 -0400

Catalina is not a difficult cruise in normal conditions and there is usually
plenty of boats around. I used to sail in the area back in the 70s and I
don't remember ever being out of site of land. This does show the importance
of having sound judgement as well as the proper equipment. Another thing I
don't get; his mast was snapped but there is no mention of any big stormss.
It is hard to figure out what really happened from the brief details in the
press.

Wally