[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Cannon Balls

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:03:14 -0400

Freezing the balls of a Brass Monkey - The Truth!

Brass Monkey was a Pirate who earned his name in the manner of Captain Hook
(hook for hand) and Long John Silver (peg leg or whatever). In a tragic
dueling accident the Pirate was dismembered and the ship's
surgeon/blacksmith fashioned a replacement made of brass. Apparently they
did not have a very secure way of securing the "Brass Monkey" and in cold
weather this became a problem. :-)

Join my fellow members of SAUL (Sailors Against Urban Legends) tonight at 7
PM EST as we show our unified support against Urban Legends. Please stand in
front of your house with a lit candle and do a shot of rum! Caution – keep
Rum away from candle! Thank you for your support.

Wally