[Rhodes22-list] Roller Furler Quick Pin

Keith Bracknell bracknellk@yahoo.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

Thanks, the close fitting washer on a lock-pin is a
very good idea. I see the Ball-Lok Quick-Release on
page 971 of West Marine 2002.  I think I'll try that
with the washer.

Michael,

Thank you for your advice. The quick release pin came
with the boat. I have been uncomfortable with it since
I first saw it. It was a mistake not to replace it.
I'll go buy the 1/4 diameter, but I would think the
3/4" effective length would be good for that U shaped
piece at bottom that the shaft fits through.

Thanks again,
Keith