[Rhodes22-list] Stove fuel consideration

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:03:00 -0400

Todd;

Propane is heavier than air.  For this reason, I put in an alcohol two
burner stove [Origo built in].  Many people use propane successfully
without explosion or catching fire - they also have positive ventilation
of their bilge and cabin.  I'd keep my propane on deck or under the
benches to avoid any possible problems.

Dick

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:42:08 -0500 "Todd Tavares" <sprocket80@mail.com>
writes:
> I will be making an entirely new galley.  I was going to replace the
> old two burner stove with the pump, with a new two burner camp stove
> which I will modify to work in the boat.  This stove uses small
> propane tanks.  Does anyone know of any reasons for not having
> propane on board; or any special considerations?  I will not have
> propane aboard being stored, just carried on when I plan long
> daysails or overnighters.
>
> Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Todd
> --
> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

CPT Richard F. Sheehan