[Rhodes22-list] Stove fuel consideration

Richard F Sheehan dickshee@juno.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:39:08 -0400

Mike;

I am able to make coffee and cook an omelet simultaneously.  Coffee takes
about 6 min and the omelet about the same.  There are clamps called "Pot
holders" to keep your pans from sliding.  Since the Origo isn't
pressurized, you'll still have eyebrows after lighting it.  The cutting
board retains the counter space when you are not cooking.

When sailing in a heavy seaway - or a calm one for that matter -  I use
the boiling water I put in the steel thermoses to make instant coffee or
hot cocoa.  I feed the crew last night's fried chicken for lunch.

Since I have a pop top tent, I do not find the flame affected by breezes.
 I am very satisfied with my Origo 4000 and consider the $400.00 I spent
for it one of life's bargains.

Since the alcohol burns cooler than other fuels, I have no worries about
melting my galley's fluorescent light fixture - still. I don't just go
off and leave the stove lit.  BTW, my stove is OEM on the farrier Corsair
trimarans.

Dick

CPT Richard F. Sheehan
PO Box 117