[Rhodes22-list] John Lennon Opposes War!

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 04:27:31 -0800 (PST)

March 28, 2003
Lennon Joins Dead Celebrities Opposed to War
(2003-03-28) -- John Lennon yesterday joined the list
of dead celebrities who have come out in opposition to
the war in Iraq.

Communicating with ITV News through his surviving
wife, Yoko Ono, the late Beatle announced that he was
angry with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and
would "tell him off if I weren't indisposed at the
moment."

The decomposing composer said that if he were still
alive, he would have prevented the war by inviting all
of his friends to his bedroom then chanting and
singing.

"That's how I stopped the Vietnam War, and it would
have worked for this one too," Mr. Lennon added. "But
given my current position, perhaps I could participate
in one of those die-ins."

Tony Blair's spokesman said, "Mr. Lennon has a right
to protest. At least he won't be blocking traffic."