[Rhodes22-list] LIS

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:01:21 -0600

Wally,

I hope it goes well.  In Portugal this year, the department of culture (or
something like that) is celebrating American Blues.  A musician buddy of
mine who lives in Lisbon set up some concerts for us.  The venues are sort
of "official" and we'll probably be playing for mostly mucky mucks.  In
light of current US issues, it could be cancelled or protested.  If I had my
way, we'd just be playing some of the local nightclubs for normal people. I
don't really see myself as a "cultural artist" but what the Hell. Either
way, it should be interesting.  Our flights are already booked, so if we get
cancelled, we'll just have to spend more time in the Amsterdam "cafes."  :-)
Would it be so wrong?  Please pass the brownies.  :-)

Slim