[Rhodes22-list] joke

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:34:28 -0500

Alex,
	I hate to use time on political stuff, but Michael's post was in
front of yours, and yours illustrates the press's point of view well.
                             Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Alex Bell
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 9:43 PM
To: Rhodes 22 Org list
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] joke

The Pope is visiting DC and President Bush takes him
out for an afternoon on the Potomac...sailing on the
presidential yacht.

They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the
Pope's hat(zucchetto) blows off his head and out into
the water. Secret service guys start to launch a boat,
but Bush waves them off, saying, "Wait, wait. I'll
take care of this. Don't worry."

Bush then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the
water and walks out to the Holy Father's little hat,
bends over and picks it up, then walks back to the
yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope
amid stunned silence.

The next morning, the Washington Post carries a story
with front page photos of the event. The banner
headline is "Bush Can't Swim."