[Rhodes22-list] Appliance vibes?

Steve Alm salm@mn.rr.com
Sun, 06 Apr 2003 05:28:32 -0500

I don't know how this happened...I swear I never said anything to Mary Ann
about this thread.  She came home today with a new KitchenAid mixer.  8-)
She explained to me that it's a real good one and that she's always wanted
one and it'll last five lifetimes.  When she told me the price, I asked:
Can I get ONE lifetime for a fifth of the price?  8-)  Looks like I'm out of
the pool for a while on this whole appliance gift thing 8-)

Had sort of a lukewarm week here in Lake Woebegone, I mean the Mall of
America.  People are staying home.  The weather hasn't helped.  All the
basketball games, Twins opener, a Def Leopard concert down town would
usually bring people out and about.  The Twins game was well attended (and
we lost) but it's been a little quiet at the MOA.  We're close to the
airport and travel is down.  That affects us quite a bit.  The folks that
were there were there to party, but I'd say we were at about 3/4 throttle
most of the week.

Slim Chance and the Gamblers