[Rhodes22-list] Cirque de Soleil is NOT French

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Sun, 06 Apr 2003 23:51:03 -0400

Nicer rant. I like it. During a vaction trip to France, we found the
Normandy coast to be much more friendly than expected. Experiences with
French at Club Med were in the arrogant, and nasty. Experience with some
during our trip was mostly positive (in 1995) but I did have a run in
with desk clerk at Holiday Inn in Tours. Seems that they respond well to
getting in their face....

Too bad Canada is influenced by the French, despite the distinction
(French Canadian) there still seems to nasty disposition exhibited by
those folks.

When it comes to all the French bashing we have been hearing, I love it.

BTW, lots of you folks remember Michael Corley who has Rhodes 22
"Ranger". The boat name also applies to his profession. He is a Colonel
in the US Army and a Ranger. I am sure he is some place in harms way
right now. He was sent to Germany last year and I have not heard what
he's up to. If anyone has heard from hiim, please let the list know how
he's doing. We hope and pray that he's doing well.

Alex