[Rhodes22-list] 1973 R22

Bill Berner bberner@optonline.net
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:26:48 -0400

My dear Mr. Nutter -

I have an 85 Rohodes down the river from you a stretch, in Tarrytown.

If you ever want to check out a slightly newer model for changes &/or ideas,
just give me a shout.

Congrats and good luck.

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856
e BBerner@optonline.net

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of FNuttersNY@aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 6:10 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] 1973 R22

Yes, It is a R22 for sure.  It has the roller reef main and 13/4 roller reef

jib.  The boat has all the exact same lines and features (sink and fridge,
floatation under  raised forward v berth etc) as the photos  I have viewed
of
R22s.  The tittle reads1973 R22.  So I am sure it is one. The engine is a 10

hp two stroke evanrude with a remote throttle linkage including reverse that

slides out from underneth the bench seat near the  cabin hatch and yes I
have
a poptop and traveler set up high off the double backstay cross wire.  The
centerboard is fiberglass as well as the rudder.It has dual battery and
shore
power wiring and a selfsteering vane set up........and everything works.  I
feel I got the deal of the proverbial century since I sold  a 16 foot day
sailer ( a Nautica 16  1968) for the same price I bought the R22.  Any info

about upgrades and pit fall would be helpfull.  I am cleaning an scrubing
for
two weeks and removing smelly interior gingerbread. Then I may start to set
her up the way I want.  At the end of the month she is going in the Hudson
near Newberg  NY...a long time dream of mine.  Photos to come soon  lets
keep
in touch thanks        Fnutters@aol.com