[Rhodes22-list] 1973 R22

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 08:00:18 -0400

I got a good deal on a 1974-75 Rhodes 22 and the big issue for me is how many improvements do I put in. The old boat is sure solid, but I think it is cheaper to move up to 1985 model, then to try to do all the upgrades.

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> FNuttersNY@aol.com 04/08/03 11:25PM >>>
Yes it helps and thanks for info.  Any word on the nature of these boats?
Are they worth up grading and keeping or are there some real problem areas.
At this point from what I see she looks like a stout little vessel.  I
removed some of the partitions around the forward berth area (some kind of
formica) and other verious plastic "wood grain" type trim panels.  Some nice
wood trim will go in its place.  I will replace the water tank and associated
plumbing.  The ballast turns out to be concrete and the lower hull is heavy
fiberglass,.  Plus the boat is dry. My wife actually loves the Coleman
kitchen/icebox set up and to my surprise kind of feel in love with the old
girl,  "It reminds me of our VW  camper" I think I can cozy the boat up for
weekend trips.  At last a perfect world