[Rhodes22-list] Racing - day 2 Question for the list

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Apr 14 12:40:16 EDT 2003

Bob,

1) Yes, we have a traveler

2) Yes, it's the GBI system (circa 1988)

3) No, we don't use it much. Mostly because we haven't used it enough to be
comfortable with it.

4) The few times we've used it it worked well, although we do sometimes have
problems getting the linse set in the clam cleats correctly - I think cam
cleats might work better for us. When Julie's at the helm and there's much
wind, she has a hard enough trimming the main sheet - the traveler at 2 to 1
is too much for her. When I'm at the helm, I tend to forget to reset it
until after we've tacked - again, that's mostly a practice thing, but we
tend to do better w/o it.

5) IMF

Mark