Fw: [Rhodes22-list] Getaway's new home

John Tonjes johntonjes at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 09:54:47 EDT 2003

Rob,
When it comes to brakes, bigger is better. The larger the brakes, the more
surface area you have for stopping power. They also function at a cooler
temperature which effects braking efficiency. Disc brakes are even better
if you are going that route.  Electric brakes are fine for fresh water use,
but definitely not for salt water unless you install a fresh water flushing
system. Even with hydraulic brakes, salt water can present problems. Brake
shoes and pads have a tendency to freeze (rust) to the drums and rotors.

Rummy

Especially