[Rhodes22-list] Depth Meter Transducer

Eaton, Gil GEaton at IKON.com
Tue Apr 15 15:06:38 EDT 2003

	Hi Joe,
	No temperature, just depth (and battery voltage) with the basic
Transom Transducer.  I have doubts about temperature working, would give
temp of the lazarette.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ware, Joseph W. [mailto:joseph_ware at merck.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 12:28 PM
To: List Rhodes (E-mail)
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Depth Meter Transducer

Gil, I found an old e-mail where you said you have the transom mounted
transducer epoxied into the laz.  I'm trying to make up my mind as to what I
want to do with mine.  I need to buy the transducer, either one, and go from
there.  I read some of the earlier postings with reasons for temperature, I
believe from Mary-Lou, and it sounds like a good reason to have it.  Now the
question, will it work with the laz mounting method you used?  Does yours
read temp or just depth?

Roger posted Stan's recommended spot, inboard of the ice box.  Roger, do you
remember how thick the hull is there?  If possible I don't want to cut
another hole in the hull, so I'm leaning on the laz mount that Gil has.
Especially since I have the same unit, it's a good testimonial that it will
work.

Does anyone know if it matters if I use the transom or through hull
transducer if either is epoxied in the laz, and not cut through the hull?

Gil, if you can get a picture of you location for mounting, that would be
great.

Thanks all.

Joe
S/V Whisper
Onancock
Eastern Shore of Virginia

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that
may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this
message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete
it.