[Rhodes22-list] Depth Meter Transducer

mltroy mltroy at netreach.net
Tue Apr 15 16:27:45 EDT 2003

We've gone the ultra simple route on Fretless. If you look
at our favorite pic of Fretless sailing (thanks Mark &
Julie!) at
http://www.users.fast.net/~mltroy/fretlesssailing.jpg
you can see our fishfinder display just to port of the
companionway. It's mounted on a bronze bracket that was
there when we got the boat and it's easily removable. The
transducer is mounted at the base of that piece of PVC hung
off the stern rail and clamped with a u-bolt bracket (with
and easy on/easy off thumbscrew closer). That was supposed
to be a temporary arrangement after we kept losing signal
shooting through the hull in the lazarette. We like it
enough that it seems to be permanent.