[Rhodes22-list] Yacht Club

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:58:50 EDT 2003

It has been a little more than a year since I slipped my R22 at Blue Springs
Marina. Several of the Yacht Club members have asked me to join the yacht
club but I never got around to it. Well last weekend they had a party that I
attended. I finally decided to join Horizon Yacht Club. It is very swanky,
expensive, and quite exclusive (not really it is in TN!) and I needed to
find a sponsor. After much controversy I was voted in. I only need to come
up with the steep yearly dues. After writing  the Purser a check for $150 it
was official.

Link to Blue Springs -
http://www.bluespringsmarina.com/

I was quite proud to learn that my boat is considered to be one of the most
sailed boats in the marina. They race the first Saturday of every month and
have regattas with other clubs in the area. There are several that are
serious (J24 & J80) but most are just looking for fun. Most of the boats are
in the 27 to 35 foot range and usually don’t have a full crew. It is usally
about 10 boats total, not a big group.

So I need to get a boom vang to improve sail shape. I am thinking of using
the same bail that was provided by GB for mast hoist. I can attach the bail
at the bottom of the mast. I am going to experiment using the vang I made
for my Bantam.

Wally