[Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Restrainer location for UPS

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Apr 21 22:43:45 EDT 2003

 I took a couple pictures of the UPS halyard restrainer yesterday. They came
 out surprizingly well, considering my digital camera doesn't have much of a
 zoom - I attaching them here.

 We had a great sail yesterday. Nice, steady non-gusty 6-10 mph winds, and
 pretty much from the same direction all day! That's a rare occurrence for
us
 and we really enjoyed it. The UPS is a really nice sail. We definitely
 prefer running the sheets through blocks attached to the aft cleats to
 running them through the genoa leads. The sail shape was nicer and we saw a
 performance increase when we switched. We also like being able to leave the
 genoa sheets as-is, ready to go.

 We still managed to get one of the genoa sheets wrong when we hooked up the
 sail, but we figured it out - here's the secret. Move the lazy genoa sheed
 forward of the padeye before connecting the UPS furler.

 Mark